Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 2008 18:51:53 +0100
From:      Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Clearing the direction flag before calling a signal handler

--nextPart1813524.mtosFE0k8S

Hello,

I found an exchange concerning a difficult to debug problem that may be=20
affecting FreeBSD. I wasn't sure whether to post here or just file a bug, b=
ut=20
under the circumstances I opted for the former. Apologies if it is consider=
ed=20
noise.

I was reading the exchange here:

   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=3D469058

Referencing the following patch to Linux;

   http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/3/5/306

The exchange in the Debian bug tracker indicates kfreebsd 6/7 has the same=
=20
problem as Linux. Being a kernel issue, that indicates vanilla FreeBSD may=
=20
likely be affected.

I neither have the setup nor the knowledge to effectively evaluate this=20
myself, but felt that it was obscure/diagnostically difficult enough that i=
=20
wanted to bring it to somebody's attention.

=2D-=20
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org