Date:      Sat, 08 Aug 2009 11:52:06 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Lawrence Stewart <lstewart@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Frederique Rijsdijk <frederique@isafeelin.org>, Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmaster -x not working?

Lawrence Stewart wrote:

> Today, I again had need of the ability to exclude multiple ports from an
> update run. It turns out your tip doesn't work with portmaster, though I
> suspect it would with portupgrade.

For now, if you need to exclude more than one port you can check the
man page about +IGNOREME files.

> Doug, what do you think of the attached patch?

I think it's interesting, but not quite how I would do it. I have
plans to rewrite the command line parser in order to accommodate this,
and make things easier to work with generally, so stay tuned.

Doug