Date:      Wed, 5 May 2004 10:27:24 +0200
From:      Joerg Wunsch <j@ida.interface-business.de>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What's all this tinderbox malarky?

As Jason Mann wrote:

> Can someone briefly explain to me the purpose of the tinderbox mails
> that are sent to this list quite regularly?

Dunno for sure, but it looks like an automated mail generated for
errors resulting from an automated `make buildworld', or `make
buildkernel' (for the LINT kernel) run.  So whenever someone breaks
the world for sparc64 without noticing it (because e. g. it worked on
their IA32 architecture), this will tell us.

--
J"org Wunsch					       Unix support engineer
joerg_wunsch@interface-systems.de        http://www.interface-systems.de/~j/