Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:20:17 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        P.Gevros@cs.ucl.ac.uk, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installation Options -RELEASE -STABLE

Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> * Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com> [000613 10:00] wrote:
> > Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> > > You need to download floppies from ftp://releng4.freebsd.org/
> > >
> > > -Alfred

> > That would be for 4.0-STABLE, this person has asked where to find
> > 3.4-STABLE, read their message above.
>
> If he want's a _real_ -stable then he'll get 4.0.
>
> -Alfred

	I'm not trying to start an argument here, I would have answered the
question had I known the answer to it. Yes - I know 4.0-STABLE is found
at releng4.freebsd.org; I'm running it on a few dozen machines now
myself. Nonetheless though, the origional question was asking for
3.4-STABLE, the whereabouts of which I do not know.
	Maybe it should be explained to the origional person who posted the
message that he should use 4.0-STABLE, rather than be told "You need to
download floppies from ftp://releng4.freebsd.org/", when the origional
request was for 3.4-STABLE.
	Personally I don't even know if 3.4-STABLE exists out there for
download anymore, maybe someone else who's reading this does? My point
was that you gave an answer to a different question than that which was
asked; and you should have included at least somewhat of a reason as to
why.
	I've cc'd the origional poster of this message, so that maybe he will
understand that he can get 4.0-STABLE from ftp://releng4.freebsd.org,
and that 3.4-STABLE (if it still exists for download), will not be found
there.

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com