Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 2003 02:04:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hunter Peress <hfastjava@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   BitTorrent Mirror of 5.0

I emailed this first to freebsd-www  and Bruce A. Mah
<bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
suggested:

>Hi Hunter--

>I hadn't heard of your project before but the Web
pages look
>interesting! ...post a
>quick note to one or two of the FreeBSD mailing lists
with the info
>you've given here

So thats what I am doing. Checkit:

-------------------
Hi, im on the BitTorrent team.
(http://bitconjurer.org/bittorrent)
In one line: its  a protocol and an implemenation for
p2p sharing of
specific files; its not a search network.

Everything is free AND open.

We mirrored 5.0 AS SOON as it came out, but we didnt
get any publicity.
( http://tacos.sus.mcgill.ca/~hperes/BT_BSD5.0/ ). We
posted a comment
on /.  but it received little moderation.

Unfortunately, BitTorrent is mainly being used by irc
movie phreaks for
illegitimate causes. 12,000 torrents of a 3gb LOTR2
were served in one
day for example.

BitTorrent is well tested for over a year, secure, and
platform
independant.

Please email me, or join us on irc.freenode.net
#bittorent. We would
like you to put links of torrents on the freebsd
webpage, not with the
intent of replacing anything, but simply in addition
to. There is so
much value in doing this, you WILL see.

-Thanks, Hunter.