Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:49:36 +0800
From:      "bsdnewbie bsdnewbie" <bsdnewbie@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   _compile .o into kernel?

hi,
     I have a scsi driver "fd.ko", I can now use "kldload ./fd.ko" to load
it and the scsi card can work.  However, I want to compile this "fd.ko" into
kernel so it can be automatically loaded and it also make it possible for me
to install my freebsd on the disks attched to the scsi card.  So I modify
the file "/sys/modules/Makefile" & "/sys/conf/files", and the kernel can
successful recompiled.  However, when the system reboot, it crashed.  It
seemed that the system try to load the "fd.ko" too early and the bsd scsi
subsystem has not initated. My questions is: how to compile a scsi drive
module (I have no source) into the kernel and make it functional?

best regards,
bsdnewbie
Nov 28, 2k