Date:      Mon, 9 Aug 2010 10:26:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hubert Tournier <hubert@frbsd.org>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8.1-R-amd64 host and guest, with VirtualBox

Hello,

Samuel Mart=C3=ADn Moro wrote:
>=20
> I'm trying to boot our 8.1-RELEASE-amd64 disc, in VirtualBox.
> But, before our scripts are started, it seems to block.
> So, have anyone already seen something like that?
> What did I do wrong?
>=20

You didn't said what version of VirtualBox you are using? There was a bug
affecting FreeBSD a few versions ago related to the number of SATA adapters
declared (the default was 30 and FreeBSD had issues digesting that) which
had symptoms like those you describe. A workaround was simply to set the
number of adapters to exactly what was needed (with VBoxManage).

8.1 works fine for me, both as a host and a guest.

Best regards,

Hubert
--=20
est%2C-with-VirtualBox-tp29385526p29390250.html
Sent from the freebsd-emulation mailing list archive at Nabble.com.