Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:33:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Piechota <piechota@argolis.org>
To:        Anthony Schneider <aschneid@mail.slc.edu>
Cc:        Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>, twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>, Jack Xiao <jack_xiao99@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>, Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>, "Mark S." <mark@furball.net>, Derek Ragona <derek@computinginnovations.com>
Subject:   Re: ssh questions

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Anthony Schneider wrote:

> I've never had a problem sending passphrases to ssh via expect, personally.

This is a rather poorly written expect script that I use to tar up a cvs
tree on a computer in a rather restrictive lab.  It's biggest problem is
the password is in the file, and shows up in the cron mail.  It should be
a decent start, and I should really get to reading that expect book I
have. :)

Check this:
#!/usr/freeware/bin/expect -f

set timeout 120

spawn /usr/local/bin/ssh piechota@fsmvpn2
expect "password"
send "xxxx\r"
expect "(~)%"
send "rm -f bdf.tar\r"
expect "(~)%"
send "cd /home/cvs\r"
expect "(/home/cvs)%"
send "tar cvf /home/piechota/bdf.tar bdf\r"
expect "(/home/cvs)%"
send "exit\r"

set timeout 900
spawn /usr/local/bin/scp piechota@fsmvpn2:/home/piechota/bdf.tar fsmcvs.tar