Date:      Sat, 07 Dec 1996 02:07:45 -0800
From:      "Pedro Giffuni S." <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Cc:        cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: status of windows, dos and svr4 emulation

Sean J. Schluntz wrote:

> > > Well, what's the application you want it for?
> > >
> > How about WABI for SolarisX86 (itīs available isnīt it)? but thereīs
> > also a Linux version now...would have to find out which is cheaper, but
> > Linuxīs version would, almost surely, always be better supported by
> > FreeBSD.
>
> WABI for Linux is $199 for one copy.  You have to have your own copy of
> Windows v3.1.  I don't know if it works with WinfW v3.11 yet, but I guess I
> will find out when I get it.

I couldnīt get the price of the SUN version, but if it runs, SVR4
emulation may be worth having: WABI 2.2 supports OLE/DDE, ODBC, and many
more applications.
Perhaps someone with NetBSD, or OpenBSD, can give a try to the demo
version available at:
http://www.sun.com/solaris/products/wabi/support/distribute/wabi22demo.html

Pedro.