Date:      Thu, 08 May 1997 11:07:55 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        John Hay <jhay@zibbi.mikom.csir.co.za>
Cc:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVS guru's only

Exactly..
it doesn't work. I haven't worked out why..

hmmmm
isn't there a way to make cvs apply an RCS command to the entire tree?

mabe that could be done.. (I think RCS) can actually do it.

CVS can actually do it internally becaus the -j option allows it..
the limitation in update is just some stupid artifact.

(what I ended up doing BTW is:

cvs checkout -r RELENG_2_2
cvs update -D

because the tags were sticky it seems to have stayed on the 2.2 branch.

julian