Date:      Sun, 27 Sep 2015 21:02:22 -0700
From:      Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        Ian Lapore <ian@freebsd.org>, freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Building Less?

Hi Warner,

That's my point. The only place the file is used is during the build
process. If the srcconf option is not described on man page for the build
process, then it's existence would not be known to someone reading about
building (i.e. me). More to the point, if I had come across the file
myself, I would have wondered if it was even relevant to this version of
the OS as it is not referenced in the only spot it is used (hence my
question). I have experienced this confusion in the documentation before.

Thanks for confirmation (sort of). I will investigate the route to
reporting this to the documentation team.

Cheers,

Russ