Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:48:55 -0400
From:      Mark Conway Wirt <mark@intrepid.net>
To:        Joe Nall <joe@nall.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Forking Problem w/ Perl, FBSD 3.1

On Wed, Jun 09, 1999 at 01:17:33PM -0500, Joe Nall wrote:

> There is no chmod in your code snippet. Do you mean the chown?
> Are you sure the script doesn't launch anything asynchronous?
> Check the status returns on all of the calls.
> Is the filesystem NFS mounted?
>
> I have seen behavior like this on broken (non FreeBSD) NFS
> implementations, but not lately.

Haven't really found anything, but I've noticed that the code that
the first system() call calls exits with a

   _exit(0);

not an

    exit(0);

from looking at _exit(2) and exit(3) man pages, don't know if that
would cause the code to exit before the file descriptors are closed,
but I've changed it to an exit just to see...

--mark