Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 2002 06:51:50 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jason P Holland <jholland@cs.selu.edu>
To:        "Defryn, Guy" <G.P.Defryn@massey.ac.nz>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Certifications

HP has a system administrator certification, 1 test.  Sun has a network
administrator certification, which is also 1 test.  They also have a
system administrator certification that is 2 tests, very easy stuff.  IBM
also has some AIX certifications.  There are several linux certifcations,
but they don't carry much weight in the industry.  If you are looking to
add something of value to your resume, stick with the certifications from
Sun, IBM and HP.  the study guides from cramsession.com can help you pass
all of these tests without having much experience, if that is what you
need.  hope this helps.

Jason