Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 13:23:05 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        Brian Tao <taob@nbc.netcom.ca>, FREEBSD-CHAT-L <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SMP motherboard advice...

You want the ASUS P2L97-DS. They run a bit under $600 USD, and will be
available next week. Check out www.atipa.com. Also has AGP port (about
10X faster than PCI for large 3D manipulations).

It is a P-II motherboard. Normal Pentium-MMX chipsets will not be able to
provide that combination of features. The TX chipset which has most the
bells and whistles can not cache over 128MB and has no SMP support.

Kevin