Date:      Mon, 02 Sep 1996 00:35:38 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch), freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Putting the "experimental" SCSI system on a branch

"Justin T. Gibbs" wrote:
> >Well, i thought this is what Justin intented?  The changes should
> >finally go into HEAD, it's just that this needs to be deferred until
> >everything is in a working state again.
>
> What I want is to put it someplace where other developers can also
> work on it.  A vendor branch doesn't make the code accessible.

and nobody could commit to it...  The rcs deltas involved were rather
unpleasant as well, as the delta stored in the file was relative to rev
1.1 of the file, not -current.  Having the relative-to-current code on the
vendor branch produces a large delta.

It would be better to simply branch the files and commit the changes, if
only it wasn't for the LITE2 branch hanging off the side via cvsup..

Cheers,
-Peter