Date:      Sun, 02 Jun 1996 21:22:22 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        deborah@microunity.com, gusw@zedat.fu-berlin.de, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, gibbs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2940 U makes fatal bus resets!

>>void
>>ahc_scb_timeout(unit, ahc, scb)
>
>>			timeout(ahc_timeout, (caddr_t)scb, ( TOFACT * 2 * hz));
>
>2 seconds was already a lot.  The fatal problem is probably in poor handling
>of SCSI errors.

   It seems conceivable that certain types of failures that require a
recalibrate, or certain types of SCSI devices (like CDROM drives) that
need to spin up first could trigger an unnecessary timeout with it set
to only 2 seconds. It should probably be increased to at least 10 seconds,
but I'll defer to whatever Justin thinks is needed.

-DG

David Greenman