Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:18:17 -0600
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        "bunny" <bunny@super.net.pk>, "freebsd" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: INFORMATION

Well, since no one else has taken a stab at this, and your name is
bunny.. :)

Not sure what you're trying to do, you should post more information about
the type of system your using and exactly what you're trying to do.
Having said that, you could use a link(ln, man link for more
information)...

1:49pm@parrothd~/ttt>ln -s allusers newfilename

11:50pm@parrothd~/ttt>ll

total 1

-rw-r--r--  1 parrothd  staff  16 Nov 17 23:49 allusers

lrwxr-xr-x  1 parrothd  staff   5 Nov 17 23:50 newfilename -> allusers

This will allow you to keep the allusers file, and create a new file that
point to the allusers file. Ie, any channges you make to newfile name
will actually edit the allusers file and vice versa...