Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:10:54 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        David Anderson <DRCAnderson@xtra.co.nz>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Open Letter to List

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 09:21:02AM -0700, David Anderson wrote:
> Hi list
> Could I be so bold as to ask what criteria is used to determine which questions (posted to the list) are answered first (or at all)?
>
> I had noticed that some folks manage to get 2 and 3 postings answered consequtively while my newbie posting appears to be avoided =)
>
> What do I draw from this? That my question is too basic and others are given priority because they are more interesting to the respondents? I'm puzzled......
>
> I would appreciate any observations on this situation. I have participated in other mail lists and havent come across this situation before. I am committed to learning UNIX and plan to stick with FreeBSD - I hope I can help others in time.

First, Please set your M$ emailer to wrap lines at 72 chars or so.
Second. This list is read by a huge amount of people not connected
directly to FreeBSD.org. There are some people closer connected, but the
majority is not. If you have a question that no one has an answer to,
you'll most certain get no answer. If you don't write anything proper in
the Subject line, you will most likely not get an answer, since many
people (that usually answers) will not read a mail that has no real
subject. So there is no "staff" of people that answers, just the crowd
happily using FreeBSD.

--
                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_