Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:22:01 +0000 (GMT)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Matt=20Sykes?= <mattmsykes@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: variables not passed to sub-makes

 --- Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote: > Hi,

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 02:49:43AM +0000, Matt Sykes wrote:
> > what am I doing wrong?
>
> Nothing...
>
> See ports/16343.  The problem is that the CFLAGS set in sys.mk or
> make.conf override the CFLAGS passed in the environment.  A good
> port to
> test this with is graphics/png.
>
> Regards,
>   -Jeremy

Thanks, I should have checked the bug reports ....

But what's with people submitting followups saying it's not
a problem then closing the PR!  Glad to see you reopened it
today.

I counted 155 ports which use CFLAGS+=... in their Makefile,
so some or all of these ports are silently broken.  This seems
Pretty Important to me.

--Matt