Date:      25 Feb 1998 15:34:38 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov>
To:        Jason Smith <jxsmith@ntplx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installing on IBM Thinkpad

Jason Smith <jxsmith@ntplx.com> writes:

> Is it possible to install BSD 2.1 on an IBM Thinkpad 760ED?  I am trying
> and I cant get the install program to recognize the cdrom.  Any ideas .
> . . it is an IDE cdrom . . . the IBM cdrom.  PLEASE HELP ME . . . I
> would reallly like to get this working.

I installed FreeBSD-2.2.5 over the net using one of the ether cards
supported in the PAO kernel floppy image; it's the basic 3com PCMCIA
card, which PAO recognized as device zp0.  Haven't gotten far in
playing with it though to be much help. I imagine you could do it with
a SCSI attached CD, if you've got one of the supported scsi cards,
like the adaptec.

Check them out at http://www.jp.FreeBSD.org/PAO