Date:      Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:47:36 +0900
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Tommi_L=E4tti?= <sty@blosphere.net>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   R_X86_64_32

I've ran into very strange situation. I have two servers here with
identical configuration. Both installed from 5.4-rel CD and then
cvsupped & built to the newest patch level.

For months now, the other machine complains from the relocation
R_X86_64_32 error, and the other never does that. I was wondering if
somebody would know what's the usual cause for this?

The working machine seems to compile everything quite happily with
shared libs.

Any insights? The last one happened with openldap-server22.

/usr/bin/ld: ../../../libraries/librewrite/librewrite.a(config.o):
relocation R_X86_64_32 can not be used when making a shared object;
recompile with -fPIC

--
br,
Tommi