Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:35:58 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppp(8) v. 3.1 : PPPoE lqr problem.

At 11:25 AM 24/11/2003, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> >  And for
> > sure its an ERX on the other end ?
>
>Actually it's an NRP - it seems Cisco does a better job with their PPPoE
>implementation.

OK, thanks. The problem I see is only against an ERX.  So either
misconfigured ERX or something about Juniper's implementation.  As the
original poster was connecting against Frace Telecom and I to Bell Canada
and given that VJ Header compression also does not play well with FreeBSD's
I am leaning to the ERX.

Back to the original question of how best to work around this.  I will be
deploying close to 100 boxes, most of which will talk to an ERX. It would
be nice if I could avoid having to manually patch the boxes each time I do
an update.  If I work with my programmers here to come up with a patch, is
there even a chance that someone would commit it to HEAD and then MFC it
back to RELENG_4?  Who is looking after PPP these days anyways ?

         ---Mike