Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 00:21:20 -0700
From:      Shawn Ramsey <shawn@cpl.net>
To:        flygt@sr.se, David Anderson <DRCAnderson@xtra.co.nz>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Open Letter to List

> First, Please set your M$ emailer to wrap lines at 72 chars or so.
> Second. This list is read by a huge amount of people not connected
> directly to FreeBSD.org. There are some people closer connected, but the
> majority is not. If you have a question that no one has an answer to,
> you'll most certain get no answer. If you don't write anything proper in
> the Subject line, you will most likely not get an answer, since many
> people (that usually answers) will not read a mail that has no real
> subject. So there is no "staff" of people that answers, just the crowd
> happily using FreeBSD.

I think an "interesting" at least subject line, and proper formating are
most important! Of coarse, if you ask a question no one has an answer to,
you arn't going to get an answer. If you have HTML enable, you arn't likely
to get an answer no matter what. If I even see a message is in HTML format,
even if its legible, I won't even read it.