Date:      Sun, 15 May 2022 14:01:29 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=C3=ADa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Rodrigo_G=2E_L=C3=B3pez?= <rodrigosloop@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-translators@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About code snippets

On Sun, May 15, 2022 at 11:10 AM Rodrigo G. L=C3=B3pez
<rodrigosloop@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> What is the policy regarding the translation of code snippets?
> Should I leave it as is? Translate only the comments? Am I
> allowed to add more comments to a particular section in
> order to make it clearer for readers of the target language?

I would keep code snippets as close as possible to the original
version. Code snippets tend to be very clear as they are.
I don't usually translate the comments unless the code is completely
unintelligible without them. In some cases I don't even translate
english words in the text that are commonly used in spanish ("router"
is much more widely used than "enrutador" for example).

Cheers!