Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2014 08:34:21 +0100
From:      Benjamin Walkenhorst <krylon@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Build breaks on 10.1-RELEASE

Hello everyone,

After updating FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE (with freebsd-update fetch && =
freebsd-update install) running in a VM under VirtualBox (although I do =
not think that is related to my problem) to 10.1-RELEASE-p3, I wanted to =
rebuild my custom kernel.
After some time, the build aborted with the following error message:

--- all_subdir_aesni ---
In file included from =
/usr/src/sys/modules/aesni/../../crypto/aesni/aesni_wrap.c:40:
/usr/src/sys/modules/aesni/../../crypto/aesni/aesencdec.h:30:10: fatal =
error: 'wmmintrin.h' file not found
#include <wmmintrin.h>
         ^

Checking for the headers in /usr/include as well as the compiler =
version, I get the following results:
[8:25|root@lonny:/usr/src]# find /usr/include -type f -iname "*intrin.h"
/usr/include/clang/3.3/x86intrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/immintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/nmmintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/prfchwintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/lzcntintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/rdseedintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/popcntintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/xopintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/bmiintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/ammintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/fmaintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/emmintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/xmmintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/bmi2intrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/avxintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/pmmintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/mmintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/smmintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/tmmintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/fma4intrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/f16cintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/avx2intrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/rtmintrin.h
/usr/include/clang/3.3/wmmintrin.h
[8:25|root@lonny:/usr/src]# cc --version
FreeBSD clang version 3.4.1 (tags/RELEASE_34/dot1-final 208032) 20140512
Target: x86_64-unknown-freebsd10.1
Thread model: posix

An Internet search engine of my choice told me that someone had run into =
the same error message about half a year ago, but I found no solution to =
the problem.
For some reason I have already managed to forget I though running make =
buildworld might help, but that, too, ended in tears:

=
/usr/src/lib/clang/libclangbasic/../../../contrib/llvm/tools/clang/lib/Bas=
ic/SourceManager.cpp:1208:10: fatal error: 'emmintrin.h' file not found
#include <emmintrin.h>
         ^
1 error generated.
mkdep: compile failed
*** Error code 1

Worried that maybe the source tree got corrupted/broken in some way, I =
downloaded src.txz from a nearby mirror, moved /usr/src to the side, =
extracted the sources again, then ran freebsd-update to once more fetch =
and install any updates. But both make kernel and make buildworld still =
give me the same error.

I am kind of lost here. Have other people run into the same problem? Is =
it a problem with the source tree or with my system?

I would greatly appreciate any insights you might be able to share with =
me.

Thank you very much,
Benjamin=