Date:      Tue, 05 Oct 1999 20:25:14 +0000
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        Gene Raytsin <gener@ouryearbook.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PHP & Oracle

Gene Raytsin wrote:

> Hi!
> Was anyone able to make php with oracle support?
>
> Regards,
> Gene

	I know that I tried for awhile and it just didn't happen.  My guess
would be that you might be able to do it if you did the whole thing
using the new linux compat stuff, running a linux shell and the whole 9
nine yards.  I don't know that it will work as I've never tried it.  I'm
not sure it's desirable even if it does work.

	I'm so not happy with Oracle at this point that all of my effort has
gone entirely towards PHP & MySQL.  Thus far I've got everything I need,
and the price is much less :-)

--

Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu