Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 13:19:23 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        Mujtaba Ali <mujtaba@zynex.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Redirecting port 80?

On 19 Jan 99, at 18:49, Mujtaba Ali wrote:

> Hello there,
>
>  I tried searching through the mailing lists but couldn't get a
> concrete answer.  Basically I have a machine with a public IP, say
> x.x.x.x, and I need to redirect all request on port 80 of that machine to
> an internal private IP, say y.y.y.y, that is actually running the web
> server on port 80.  Then I need y.y.y.y to send back the information to
> x.x.x.x which will send the information back to the original requester.
> Any ideas? I heard this might come under tunneling. Basically I want the
> requester to be "fooled" in thinking that the web server is running on
> x.x.x.x when in reality it's actually behind the firewall on y.y.y.y.

Easily done if you are using natd, which I assume you are.  It can also be
done with ipfilter.  if you are using natd, try the following with natd:

redirect_port tcp y.y.y.y:80
redirect_port udp y.y.y.y:80

That should do it.  If you are using ipfilter, lemme know and I'll figure
that one out for you.

The above was taken from http://www.freebsddiary.com/freebsd/http.htm

cheers.

--