Date:      Mon, 19 Dec 2016 10:43:51 -0500
From:      "Simon" <simon@optinet.com>
To:        "Arthur Chance" <freebsd@qeng-ho.org>, "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ssl certificate

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 13:50:45 +0000, Arthur Chance wrote:

>On 19/12/2016 13:48, Simon wrote:

>> "Today we kicked off our first crowdfunding campaign with the goal
>> of raising enough funds to cover about one month of our operations
>> - $200,000. "
>>
>> $200k a month? automated? nonprofit? :D
>>
>> That isn't free, that is called indirect funding or other people's money.

>Exactly like the root DNS servers. Do you have problems with those?

No, not exactly. DNS root servers are paid for via domain fees (ICANN).
So when I find free domain registration service for my domains it will be
just like LE, but until then...  ya, I have a problem, I want it free!

As long as we're on the same page of being not free, more like
donation-supported at the tune of $200k a month! I'm okay with LE
concept.

People will often call things free when they don't pay for them
directly out of pocket. In that sense you can call it free.

PS: still looking for free domains, admins, and servers because I
believe they ought to be free!

-Simon