Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:45:01 -0400
From:      "John Straiton" <jks@clickcom.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FW: AOL's mail policy (Was: Sendmail / mutt errors)

So here's the skinny of this if anyone else is still having this problem.
AOL now uses MAPS (http://www.mail-abuse.org/) for determining dialup IP
addresses. MAPS hosts a DUL (Dialup User List) that has host/mask 's of all
IPs that have ever been reported to them as being dynamically assigned. You
must have the person responsible for assigning those IP's goto their site
and follow the procedures for updating their records if you have an IP
address that's in their database and are not dynamically assigned. Then AOL
will get the new database from them and if your ip isn't in there, let you
send to them.

That's it. For reference, AOL postmaster FAQ (and the means I found to
finally get ahold of one of them) is at http://hometown.aol.com/postmaster

John Straiton
ClickCom, Inc.
jks@clickcom.com