Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 1998 09:00:22 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Jake <jake@checker.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: some ccd questions

On Sun, 31 May 1998 at  7:54:36 -0400, Jake wrote:
> another reply suggested that there are problems with swap
> on a ccd device, anything I should know about?

The only problems I've heard about running swap on ccd are the danger
of deadlocks.  In order to process a request, the driver needs to
allocate memory.  In order to allocate memory, the VM system may need
to swap something out.  But the driver is hanging waiting for its
memory.

This is a problem I need to address in Vinum as well.  I don't know to
what extent it's still a danger in ccd.

Greg