Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 14:32:43 +0200
From:      Anders Andersson <anders@sanyusan.se>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DES from source

Hi!

I am looking for the correct way of installing DES (crypt) from sources.

From the beginning I install most of my boxes from ftp and with the
"minimal" option. After that I cvsup and do make world to fit my needs.

On this test box I run 4.0-CURRENT and have cvsupped the:

# The international secure collections.
src-crypto
src-eBones
src-secure

I plan to do 'make world' and from what I can tell I need to:

ln -fs libdescrypt.so libcrypt.so
ln -fs libdescrypt.so.2 libcrypt.so.2
ln -fs libdescrypt.a libcrypt.a

after make world to use DES (crypt).

Do I need to change all passwd with 'passwd {user}' to use DES passwd crypt?

Is there any thing I have missed?

Anders