Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 1997 20:05:01 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [video] bktr clipping

     Amancio, it's probably not worth your time to juice up the driver
clipping code at this point.  I haven't yet found a decent event-driven way
to keep an exposed region definition up-to-date with X (polling the X
server's window list every 10th of a second ain't decent IMO).  News, list,
FAQ, and O'Reilly searches thus far haven't turned up anything
satisfactory.

     I've got a question posted to c.w.x.i386unix and c.windows.x so we'll
see if someone else has a trick up their sleeve.

     If nothing else, I'll do the next best thing in the next version and
flip Fxtv in and out of XImages mode as the video window moves between
Unobscured and PartiallyObscured (i.e. let the X server clip when clipping
is required).

Randall