Date:      Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:47:09 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Daniel_Dvo=F8=E1k?= <dandee@hellteam.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-pf@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Application layer firewall on FreeBSD, is it possible ?

Hi all,

let me ask you for task "how to control p2p applications and their =
traffic
with dynamic ports from user=B4s commputers on gateway".

We are small wireless community and have shared access to internet for =
all
members. Core members decided to control p2p traffic by default and to =
allow
each person in individual way, after showing their knowledge of =
authorial
low. :)

But since many dc hubs, edonkey servers, bittorents web trackers and so =
on
use dynamic not standard ports, how to control it ?

Linux use l7-filter  <http://sourceforge.net/projects/l7-filter>;
sourceforge.net/projects/l7-filter sourceforge freeware and , it is =
based on
iptables, defination application protocols like ethereal project do.

So, is there any way to do same application layer osi model firewall =
with
FreeBSD gateway ?

Of course, I tried to find on web, I have not been successful in =
searching
so far.

If my question is not right in this mailing list, if my question is =
annoying
here, so I am sorry.

Dan