Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:45:36 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        ckahn@leo.gov, freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic: no BIOS SMAP info from loader

> Is there any time frame when this issue will be resolved.  I have 15 HP
> computers that I want to install 7.0 on.

I know you posted to the amd64 list, but if you could use i386 in
the interim then there *is* a fix for the ACPI problem on HP
qorkstations there - not in 7.0 but theres a patch which makes it
work fine. Am happily using a dc5750 here in 32 bit mode
pending a fix for SMP when we can move it to 64 bit.

-pete.