Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2001 07:54:33 -0700
From:      "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Improvements for FreeBSD v4.3.1-Release?

> Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 09:55:00 +1200 (NZST)
> From: Juha Saarinen <juha@saarinen.org>
> Subject: Re: Improvements for FreeBSD v4.3.1-Release?
>
> On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Kenneth Mays wrote:
>
> > 2. Journalling FS (what's the best one out there?)
>
> XFS from SGI seems pretty good, and the guys could do with some support
> and recognition -- http://oss.sgi.com

I thought the conclusion was that SoftUpdates which comes with
FreeBSD had many advantages over typical journalling FS's.  See
the following postscript research paper:

http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~ganger/papers/usenix2000.ps

As for my pet(ty) ideas, is sysinstall in the midst of a rewrite like
the source has implied for a while now?  If not, I have a list of
bugs/oversights somewhere that I wouldn't mind seeing addressed.
(mostly user interface stuff)

--
Philip J. Koenig                                       pjklist@ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium