Date:      Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:12:26 -0400
From:      Mark Bucciarelli <mark@gaiahost.coop>
To:        freeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Limit client connections ssh

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 02:27:26PM -0500, Efren Bravo wrote:

> I'm using ssh to connect me to fBSD server, how can I limit the client
> connections?, I mean, I only only that the server(ssh) accept incoming
> connections from a specific IP or IPs range?

You can restrict to a subset of your system users by using AllowUsers
(or some such option) in /etc/ssh/sshd_conf.

If you are using key authentication, you can associate IP's with each
public key in the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file.

If you allow password authentication, you must use a firewall to
restrict by IP.