Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2008 06:36:54 +0100
From:      "Steiner, Bernard" <Bernard.Steiner@lahmeyer.de>
To:        <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   gdm only works once

Hello world,
my GNOME keeps crashing my system so I thought it might be a good idea =
to install a /boot.config containing -D.
I get a nice serial console this way which might come in handy when the =
GNOME next fries the system beyond network access.
Unfortunately, gdm now starts up only once, and upon logging out some =
gdm-binaries just sit there doing nothing much.
It is perfectly possible to startx, though.
I have now removed boot.config and gdm starts up nicely multiple times =
after logging out.

This is very very sub-optimal as I have threatened the system to install =
windoze after the next crash...

Any ideas how to get gdm working properly alongside a serial console ?

As a side note: Going single user from the gdm-not-doing-anything =
appears to switch off the syscons screen
(the monitor says no signal) but the keyboard keeps working, so =
everything is back to normal after
shutdown now
CR
CTRL-D