Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 08:44:48 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        magnuson@bcs.rochester.edu (James Magnuson)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: windows 95 and booting

> hi.  i just installed windows 95 on a machine where I used
> to have the option of booting FreeBSD or dos/win3.1.  Win95
> seems to have wiped out that boot info -- now all i can get
> is win95.  I've poked around on the ftp site, but haven't
> found anything specific to this problem.  can you help me out,
> or point me to the files i need, etc.?

You have to rewrite the boot loader. I believe you can do that
using the 2.1-RELEASE boot.flp though it might be
easier (and less dangerous) to get osbs (one of these or
booteasy) from the 2.1.0-RELEASE/tools dir (off memory)
and write the boot from DOS/Win95 (down in Command mode,
not from within a DOS window since the latter wouldn't
allow you to write to disk).