Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 13:52:12 -0400
From:      "Wes Morgan" <wmorgan@DataBeam.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cdrom almost there!

OK, I'm running 2.2.2-RELEASE, and my IDE CDROM is identified at boot with:

>wdc0: unit 1 (atapi): <NEC          CD-ROM DRIVE:260/.110>, removable, dma,
> iordis

In my kernel, I have:

>controller wdc0  at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
>disk       wd0   at wdc0 drive 0
>#disk      wd1   at wdc0 drive 1
>options ATAPI
>options ATAPI_STATIC
>device      wcd0

When I try to mount /cdrom, it hits the device (at least, the CDROM's
light flashes for a moment), and I'm greeted with:

>wcd0: cannot read audio disc
>cd9660: /dev/wcd0c: Input/output error

I've tried several data CDROMs (and even one audio disk, just for yuks),
with no success.

Any suggestions?