Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 2002 16:52:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Byron Servies <bservies@pacang.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Retrieving a list of ACLs for a file

Unfortunately, the POSIX.1e API doesn't define a way to get a list of
valid ACL types for a particular filesystem object (or even a filesystem).
For the time being, it's probably sufficient to assume that there will
only be ACL_TYPE_ACCESS and ACL_TYPE_DEFAULT ACLs present on filesystems.
Other ACL constants have been tentatively assigned, but are not used.