Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 2000 09:44:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Marc Silver <marcs@draenor.org>
Cc:        fuzz zzuf <fuzz_zzuf@excite.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: telnet doze to bsd w/ ethernet cards

You may also want to make sure you have the cabling set up right. It's
possible that if you're connecting the two computers directly instead of
through a hub, you may be connecting them with the wrong kind of
cable. This kind of setup requires a "crossover cable." Also, both
machines need ip's in order to connect them with telnet. I'd suggest
making one of them 10.0.0.1 and the other 10.0.0.2. This should help also.

| Kenneth Culver              | FreeBSD: The best NT upgrade    |
| Unix Systems Administrator  | ICQ #: 24767726                 |
| and student at The          | AIM: muythaibxr                 |
| The University of Maryland, | Website: (Under Construction)   |
| College Park.	              | http://www.wam.umd.edu/~culverk/|