Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 2004 19:43:14 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        r.mahoney@comnet.net.nz
Cc:        hrs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: teTeX-2.0.2_5 -- latex: fatal: Item 0 &c.

----Security_Multipart(Sun_Jun_27_19_43_14_2004_901)--

Richard MAHONEY <rbm49@ext.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote
  in <20040627095053.GB7665@131-203-240-72.remote.comnet.co.nz>:

rbm49> On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 08:06:00PM +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
rbm49> >  # fmtutil --all
rbm49>
rbm49> The output of `# fmtutil --all' follows, although this command does
rbm49> not resolve the problem.

 Hmmm, so please let me know the results of the following:

  % kpsepath fmt
  % find /usr/local/share/texmf* -name "*.fmt"

Richard MAHONEY <rbm49@ext.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote
  in <20040627095909.GC7665@131-203-240-72.remote.comnet.co.nz>:

rbm49> I've upgraded from the previous version with portupgrade, then tried
rbm49> `make deinstall' / `make reinstall', and finally `pkg_delete -f' and
rbm49> `make clean && make && make install && make clean'. All of these
rbm49> resulted in the same problem. I would prefer not to have to delete the
rbm49> whole tree, I've a good number of additional fonts &c. that I'd prefer
rbm49> not to have to install from scratch.

 I guess some broken files in the texmf tree prevent TeX from
 working.  If you can, try to temporarily rename /usr/local/share/texmf
 and deinstall and reinstall print/teTeX related ports, and see if it
 works or not.