Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 20:37:46 +0100
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SONY SMO-C501-09 not recognized under CAM

As Matthew N. Dodd wrote:

> > Hmm, oh well.  Well, maybe Joerg's behaves differently.  Perhaps
> > he can  boot his system without the disc spinning.

> Its probably a DIP switch setting.  I've no doc for the drives and
> controller.

I don't have docs for it either.  Mine was from an old Data General
machine (back when their machines were m88k-based).  However ISTR you
couldn't do that much on the DIP switches anyway.

Nope, i get the same results as Matt: 0x0a, 0x00 for no medium in the
drive, 0x04, 0x00 for medium not spinning.  Both are fatal right now.

Perhaps those ASCs were common for SCSI-CCS devices?  Anybody around
who has old enough docs?

--
cheers, J"org