Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 1999 16:11:24 -0500
From:      Malartre <malartre@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Going crazy with DHCP: FreeBSD won't install

I'm starting to hate cable modem...
As my 2.2.8 FreeBSD box was messed up, I decided to do a backup on my
dos partition and reinstall the beast(3.1-RELEASE). I have
Win95+Motorola CyberSURFR Wave(cable modem)+Ethernet card (SMC EtherEZ
(8416), PnP disabled) which seem to be a NE2000 clone. I was never
successful with DHCP before the reinstallation...

Under Win95, I run the "winipcfg.exe" program:
Host Name: DEFAULT.videotron.caDEST
DNS Servers: 205.151.222.250
Node Type: Broadcast
IP Adress: 216.113.2.59
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 216.113.2.1
DHCP Server: 199.84.251.5

With the two boot disk, I reboot and start the installation.
I use ed0 has my ethernet.
Then, I put all those information in the ed0 config (but not the "DHCP
Server", since there are no field for that one, and I use "foo.qc.ca"
has the host name)
Passive or not, ftp do not work.
Any tips?
Malartre <malartre@videotron.ca>