Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2011 21:25:10 +0800
From:      Martin Wilke <miwi@FreeBSD.org>
To:        x11@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [CFT] Xorg 7.5.1

Oy boys and gals,

The Xorg T(m)eam is happy to announce the next round of Xorg fun! The X-Server
has been patched to the latest 1.7.X series, drivers and fonts have been
updated to the latest versions, but unfortunately we are not able to update libGL,
drm and xorg-server to a higher version because FreeBSD doesn't support GEM/KSE
(yet), but it looks good for now, as kib@ is working on that, so we hope the future
will be better for us. This update includes some components from Xorg 7.6 with a lot of
improvements, and it seems that the performance is much better than the old version.
We are calling the update xorg 7.5.1.

We hope you will enjoy the new stuff and give us a lot of feedback. We will start an
exp-run tonight and depending on how much feedback we get, we plan to commit this
update by the first weekend of March. A note for ATI users, the driver was updated to
6.14.0, so you may need to add some stuff to your xorg.conf in the "Section "Device""

Option "int10" "on"
Option "BudType" "PCIE"
Option "RendrAccel" "on"
Option "AccelMethod" "exa"
Option "DynamicPM" "on"
Option "DRI" "on"

So to get the xorg stuff you will need to:

run

svn co https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/ports/branches/xorg-dev

A small merge script to merge the svn checkout into the real portstree
can be found here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/xorg/xorgmerge

The script is a modified version of the kdemerge script. Please set the
KDEDIR variable to the path of your X.org ports.

After merging, run one of the following command, depending on which tool
you use to manage your installed packages.

portupgrade -a \*
portmaster -a

Please report any problems and issues to x11 (at) FreeBSD.org.

I would like to thank:

Beat Gaetzi
Dima Panov
Koop Mast
Eitan Adler

Without these people the Xorg update would still not be ready now.

PS: Please don't send us mails with 'xorg update dosen't' work.
If you send us a report, please include the latest Xorg.conf
Xorg.log, uname -a output and pkg_info output. Thanks.

Happy Updating!

- --
With best Regards,
		Martin Wilke (miwi_(at)_FreeBSD.org)