Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 95 09:40:20 -0500
From:      Dallas A Scott <scott@mwunix.mitre.org>
To:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   rtsock/route bug

There is a bug in the rtsock.c or route.c kernel code.
The system will not accept a cmd of the form:
  route add -iface host -link dev(unit):ether_addr

I walked through the route utility:  it seems to send
the correct cmd to the routing socket, but the kernel
locks up.  We had this problem
in early 4.4 code and we fixed it, but I don't remember
what we did.  I'll look for our fix.  Meanwhile, if
anyone has fixed this...  (Our BSDI systems work fine,
but they may have our fix in the kernel.)

Thanks,
dscott@mitre.org