Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 10:36:23 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        "Bond, Jeffery" <Jeff.Bond@nectech.co.uk>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Win98 scandisk and Booteasy

"Bond, Jeffery" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone else noticed that the Win98 scandisk program moans about the boot
> area being damaged (incorrectly) when booteasy is installed? (I dual boot
> between 3.1-RELEASE and win98).

No, but I can well believe it. Didn't you know  that you're only
supposed to install M$ Operating Systems on a PC :-)

> Win98 won't let me defrag unless I 'repair' the boot area first, and then
> re-install booteasy later. (sigh).

Given the choice, I'd delete Win98, that'd fix the problem :-)

Seriously, I'd get a 3rd party defragger. Diskeeper for NT is supposed
to be coming in a 95/98 version soon and as you can d/l trial
version(s) of the NT product I imagine you will be able to do the same
with 95/98.

http://www.execsoft.co.uk