Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2012 13:53:28 -0400
From:      Etienne Robillard <animelovin@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>,  freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD not so free anymore ? Long live FreeBSD...

On 06/15/2012 01:08 PM, Jerry wrote:
> Skype 4.0 for Linux is now available. Is there any possibility of
> getting it ported to FreeBSD? The latest version in ports is only
> 2.x.

Why not? Thinking FreeBSD could become immune to remote exploits is absurd.

So without much efforts  I can guess ports like Skype will become more
widespread now that FreeBSD has gived up on network security, preferring
to announce critical security vulnerabilities once the exploit has been
confirmed without any warnings.

A good reason to stop using this bloated OS if you ask me and use
something more respectful to their users base relaying on STABLE for
stability reasons...

Cheers,

Etienne Robillard
Occupation: Software Developer