Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:55:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@pinyon.org>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nfsd spam in /var/log/messages

Russell L. Carter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Still a newbie here after more than ae decade off.  This is most
> likely a stupid question but I have invested an inordinate amount of
> effort to figure it out with no success.  That is, I have not
> resorted
> to digging down into the source code to understand the error message.
> I will do so if I am the first person to ever see this.  So the
> question(s):
>
> In order to support my linux NFSv4 clients AND my freebsd-current
> clients, after an extended boring trial and error session I ended up
> with a freebsd server /etc/exports:
>
> # Linux can mount nfsv4 ONLY if the line is exactly as
> # follows:
Assuming /export is one file system on the server, put all
the exports in a single entry, something like:
V4: /export -sec=sys -network 10.0.10 -mask 255.255.255.0
/export/usr/src /export/usr/obj /export/usr/ports /export/packages /export/library -maproot=root

OR you can just allow the clients to mount any location
   within the server file system using -alldirs like:
V4: /export -sec=sys -network 10.0.10 -mask 255.255.255.0
/export -alldirs -maproot=root

At least I think I got this correct;-) rick