Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2013 13:06:30 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernhard_Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Miguel C." <miguelmclara@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org" <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Virtualbox "Settings" don't show any window (FreeBSD-10 current)

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 3:44 AM, Miguel C. <miguelmclara@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alpha 2 is not an option, please see: http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2013-September/044792.html
>
> However I've updated to r255788, recompiled and now I get a Segmentation fault trying to run VirtualBox...var/messages only shows that the process exited on signal 11... where else can I see more info?

Signal 11 is SIGSEGV (segmentation violation) so a coredump and stacktrace
would help. Since virtualbox is a suid root binary no coredump is created per
default.

You need to set:

sysctl kern.sugid_coredump=1

and then start virtualbox and let it crash. Then you should get a coredump that
you can open with gdb and obtain a stacktrace.

Something like:
gdb /usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox VirtualBox.core
in the interactive prompt type: "backtrace" and send us the stacktrace.

--
Bernhard Froehlich
http://www.bluelife.at/